Fire has razed shops at Asante Akyem Agogo Zongo in the Asante Akyem North District, causing damage to property worth thousands of Ghana cedis.
Personnel from the Ghana Fire Service were not at the scene to prevent the fire from spreading to her home.
No casualty was reported, but occupant of the shops and home have been left without shelter.
The cause of the blaze was not immediately known.
The Vitim and the owner of shops, Maame Adama told Adanse3 FM, She live with her children in the shops that has been gutted by fire.
She said items destroyed included food items such as rice, tomatoes, 15 bottles of cooking oil,6 bags of rice, bags of Gari and 5 bags of sugar and a cash of about thousands of cedis.
She was awakened by an explosion and shouted to alert the other occupants.
She said they tried their best to put off the fire but could not as it had escalated.
"All my documents including light bills, Monies have been destroyed by the fire", she lamented.
She appealed to the District Assembly, National Disaster Management Organisation, philanthropists and well-to-do citizens to come to their aid.